- Click Region for Resorts, Camps and BoatsMaldivesNorth & South Male AtollsCentral AtollsSouthern AtollsAfricaMoroccoSouth AfricaSenegalCape VerdeSri LankaHikkaduwa & South/West CoastArugam Bay & East CoastIndonesiaBaliMentawaiLakey Peak & SumbawaLombokWest Java & PanaitanNorth & South SumatraRoti & TimorWest PapuaSumbaAsia & Sub-ContinentTaiwanPhilippinesCentral AmericaNicaraguaCosta RicaEl SalvadorMexicoGuatemalaEuropePortugalFranceSpainCanary IslandsIrelandIcelandSouth PacificFijiSamoa & TongaNew CaledoniaTahitiRemote PacificPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon Islands
- TPW Signature Trips
- Legends Series: Surf wih Barton LynchLegends Series: Pam Burridge Surf Coaching TripSurf Music in Paradise - Pete Murray in the MaldivesSurf Music in Paradise - Tex Perkins & Phil Jamieson in BaliSurf Photography with Sprout Daily in the MaldivesSurf Photography with Surf Photos of You in the MaldivesThe Surfing Mermaids Mystical Surf AdventuresThe Perfect Wave Surf & Yoga RetreatsSunshine Surf Girls Trips in the Maldives
Huey 1 - Mentawai
From US$2,590 for 11 nights
Intermediate, Advanced, ProTIME OF YEAR:
February, March, April, June, July, August, September, OctoberBoard Type:
- max 10 surfers
- fast & powerful
- great owner & captain
- experienced guide
- dorm & private cabins
- free beers daily
- Banyaks, Telos & Nias trips available
The Mentawai Islands offer some of the best and most consistent waves in the world. Huey has been operating in these waters since 1999 providing surfers with a variety of waves to suit all levels of ability.
is an 82-ft ex-customs patrol vessel customised for surf charters.
Built and launched by the Japanese Government in 1978, HUEY is one of
the faster boats serving the Mentawai Islands. Finishing in March 2009,
Huey underwent a four month refit which involved rebuilding the main
engines, plus new propellers and shafts to ensure reliability and safety
for their guests. She is powered by two V8 Nissan 400hp diesels so
getting there in all weather conditions is never a problem.
Captain & Crew
(nicknamed Sooly), the owner of Huey has over 15 years experience
traveling through Indonesia and its waters. He’s a Mentawai veteran and
runs one of the most well respected charter operations with a massive
repeat client base.
Amril, Huey’s Indonesian captain is a born and bred Padang local and also has 20 years experience at sea. He knows these waters like no other and has been working on western charter boats for 7 years.
Khairul the Chef and all round good guy will provide the food. His cooking is second to none. After finishing his trade certificate in Bukitingi, he started work on Huey in 2000 and has been with the boat ever since.
Amon and Hendra the two deckhands and dinghy drivers, also have lots of experience on the ocean.
1x 8 Berth Cabin
1x 2 Berth Cabin
1x Double Cabin
air conditioning throughout the vessel ensures your preferred room
temperature. There's plenty of accessible board storage and the
spacious, covered front deck area is a favourite among guests for
catching the cool breeze or lazing in the afternoon shade.
- Hull: Steel
- 82 ft long
- 20 ft wide
- 6ft Draft
- Engines: 2x 400hp Nissan Diesels
- Electrics; 1 x Kohler silenced diesel genset, 33 Kva, 1 x Isuzu diesel genset, 30 Kva. 110v and 220v power, US, Australian and Indonesian power points
- Cruising speed: 10 Knots
- Top Speed: 12 Knots
- Fuel Capacity: 11,000 litres
- Water Capacity: 4000 litres
- Air Con: All cabins, galley and TV room have ducted and split system AC
- Safety Gear: Certified 20 man life raft, flares, 406Mhz EPIRB, SART
- Communications: VHF Marine Radio, HF Radio, Satellite phone, mobile phone in some areas
- Navigation: Garmin 216 GPS integrated with C-Maps, 64mile JRC Radar, Furuno Navnet Plotter/Sounder/Radar
- Tenders: 1 x 3.6m Rubber Zodiac with 15 hp Yamaha, 1 x 7.5m Fibreglass speed boat with 2 x 175 hp Four stroke Suzuki outboards,
- Return Padang airport transfers.
- 11 nights onboard accommodation.
- 3 meals daily and some snack foods.
- 6 beer per person per day.
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Use of onboard equipment.
Pricing & Packages
|28 Oct 2016||10 Nov 2016||13 nights||0||-|
|12 Nov 2016||24 Nov 2016||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|27 Nov 2016||10 Dec 2016||13 nights||10||US$2,812|
|11 Dec 2016||23 Dec 2016||12 nights||10||US$2,738|
|23 Dec 2016||03 Jan 2017||11 nights||10||US$2,738|
|06 Jan 2017||19 Jan 2017||13 nights||10||US$2,738|
|21 Jan 2017||03 Feb 2017||13 nights||10||US$2,738|
|06 Feb 2017||19 Feb 2017||13 nights||10||US$2,738|
|21 Feb 2017||04 Mar 2017||11 nights||10||US$2,590|
|06 Mar 2017||18 Mar 2017||12 nights||0||-|
|20 Mar 2017||01 Apr 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|03 Apr 2017||15 Apr 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|18 Apr 2017||30 Apr 2017||12 nights||0||-|
|01 May 2017||12 May 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|14 May 2017||25 May 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|28 May 2017||08 Jun 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|12 Jun 2017||23 Jun 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|30 Jun 2017||13 Jul 2017||13 nights||0||-|
|14 Jul 2017||25 Jul 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|26 Jul 2017||06 Aug 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|08 Aug 2017||21 Aug 2017||13 nights||0||-|
|22 Aug 2017||02 Sep 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|03 Sep 2017||16 Sep 2017||13 nights||0||-|
|18 Sep 2017||29 Sep 2017||11 nights||0||-|
|01 Oct 2017||13 Oct 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|16 Oct 2017||28 Oct 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|30 Oct 2017||11 Nov 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|14 Nov 2017||26 Nov 2017||12 nights||10||US$2,812|
|28 Nov 2017||11 Dec 2017||13 nights||10||US$2,738|
|23 Dec 2017||05 Jan 2018||13 nights||10||US$2,738|
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Price is based on 10 person min. exclusive charter.
- Price does not include local Mentawai Tax IDR 1,000,000 payable in local currency on arrival. Valid for 15 days.
- International & Domestic Flights – The Perfect wave is a fully licensed wholesale travel agent that has experienced consultants ready to package flights into your package. Please make sure you get flights packaged into your quote as we get the best rate flight prices from the best airlines.
- Please click "Enquire Here" to email us or call us on 1300 00WAVE to speak with one of our friendly surf experience specialists.
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Carpe Vita Surf Charter Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Boat: King Millenium II
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Dreamweaver – Bali and Lombok
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters