- Click Region for Resorts, Camps and BoatsMaldivesNorth & South Male AtollsCentral AtollsSouthern AtollsAfricaMoroccoSouth AfricaSenegalCape VerdeSri LankaHikkaduwa & South/West CoastArugam Bay & East CoastIndonesiaBaliMentawaiLakey Peak & SumbawaLombokWest Java & PanitanNorth & South SumatraRoti & TimorWest PapuaSumbaAsia & Sub-ContinentTaiwanPhilippinesCentral AmericaNicaraguaCosta RicaEl SalvadorMexicoGuatemalaEuropePortugalFranceSpainCanary IslandsIrelandMadeiraIcelandSouth PacificFijiSamoa & TongaNew CaledoniaTahitiRemote PacificPapua New GuineaCaroline IslandsSolomon IslandsNew Frontier Exploration
- Surf Packages
- Contact Us
From 1278pp for 5 Days / 4 Nights
|Time of year:||Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec|
|Group type:||Intermediate Waves, Couples or Honeymoon, Learn to Surf, Luxury Surf Holidays, Family Surf Holiday, Longboarders|
|Board type:||All types|
- Family friendly 5* resort
- Beach-front accommodation
- Hotel rooms / private apartments & villas available
- Restaurants & bars
- Baby-sitting service available
Located in the heart of this surfer’s paradise and with the Martinhal beach on its doorstep, 5 star Martinhal Beach Resort and Hotel offers an exciting and memorable holiday experience and is the perfect hub for an active holiday in an elegant surrounding.
First 5-star surf destination in Portugal – Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel, Sagres
This elegant family beach resort, Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel, in the Western Algarve is surrounded by the Costa Vicentina National Park with view across the ocean to the nearby sleepy fishing port of Sagres. The development is the creation of Roman and Chitra Stern, who left their corporate jobs in London in late 2001 to settle down in the Western Algarve and to start their own entrepreneurial venture. The hotel and resort, the first luxury 5-star hotel and resort for the region, has now been open for 2 years and guests are still amazed by the high quality of interiors and the architectural design of the project.
Sagres is only just now becoming recognised as one of the best surf spots in Europe, offering 22 different south and west-facing beaches within a 30 min drive and therefore providing fine surf conditions all year round, for all surfer levels. These beaches are frequently visited by world-class surfers, especially Cordoama and Amado beach, as a number of world qualifying series competitions have taken place there in the past. Located in the heart of this surfer’s paradise and with Martinhal beach on its doorstep, 5 star Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel offers an exciting and memorable holiday experience and is the perfect hub for an active holiday in an elegant surrounding.
Family Surf Spirit Fortnight – A special autumn break offer for the whole family
This autumn, Martinhal has something special on offer for families! The October half-term will be dedicated to Surf and the resort will count with the presence of Brazilian surfer legend Fábio Gouveia, who has professionally competed for more than 20 years and has won many
competitions in the international arena. There will be surf demonstrations by Fábio, surf awareness lessons for adults and children with surf teachers, open shaping workshops and balance training (slack line). Fábio will also join you at one of the Surf Spirit dinners, so you can ask him all about surf and get some professional surf tips and tricks. Furthermore you can listen to interesting surf stories, watch exciting surf movies in the “Blue room” cinema, participate in daily yoga or pilates lessons on the beach and join one of our Hawaiian luaus at the As Dunas beach restaurant. Throughout the week you will meet other surfing aficionados - making this a real week of “surf spirit”.
Extra activities like half days of surf, bike tours, walking tours, dolphin watching, kayak tours, tennis lessons and much more will also be available. And for the more tranquil moments you can relax poolside, on the beach or go for a massage in our Finisterra spa.
Carefully positioned within the grounds of Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel, this luxury boutique hotel – the first five-star property in the Sagres region – sits comfortably between the land and the sea, with a protected natural park as its neighbour. The architecture combines a natural simplicity with contemporary style to create a building that appears organic, as if born to nature. The 38 rooms, including two duplex Beach Suites, all have private balconies or terraces that afford impressive ocean views.
The exclusive collection of 45 independently owned luxury villas at Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel are located on the western margin of the resort. The villas have won a number of prestigious accolades including the Homes Overseas Award for ‘Best Portuguese Villa’ and ‘Best Interior Design’. Each property enjoys outstanding sea views and is positioned in its own landscaped rounds overlooking a private garden and swimming pool, some of which are fenced for child safety. The properties are distinguished by interior décor that unites a regional artisan look with contemporary function and form. Furnishings are of exceptional quality, and stylish modern conveniences abound – many villas have under-floor heating and most have air-conditioning. The Luxury Villas also benefit from a daily maid service and are fully furnished. Facilities include satellite television, fully fitted kitchen, fireplace, washing machine, dryer and BBQ facilities on the terrace overlooking the private gardens and swimming pool. Guests staying at Luxury Villas can request a spa massage in the privacy of their home.
The 23 luxury townhouses located on the northwest side of Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel are known as the Vilas Mimosa. All are independently owned. Their position affords impressive views across the resort and the Sagres peninsula. Cosmopolitan in character yet maintaining an important sense of tradition, the townhouses have been designed upside down: bedrooms and bathrooms are situated on the ground floor while a large open-plan lounge and state-of-the-art kitchen (fully equipped) occupy the second level. The interior speaks in a contemporary manner but the tone is measured. All townhouses feature central heating and air-conditioning, satellite TV, fireplace, a large south-facing balcony, a private garden and a parking space in front of the house. Guests of the Vilas Mimosa townhouses have the use of an exclusive Clubhouse with an adjacent heated swimming pool and baby pool, both enclosed in a beautiful private garden during the summer months.The Vilas Mimosa are maintained by a daily maid service.
Deluxe, Grand Deluxe or Master Deluxe (Bay, Ocean, Garden & Pinewood) from one to three bedrooms are furnished to the highest standard and include 32” satellite televisions with multi-channel selection and video on demand, wireless internet access and an MP3 docking station. Modern conveniences include designer kitchen, washing and dryer machine, fridge / freezer and kitchen utilities. Village Houses benefit from a daily maid service and guests can pre-order meals from our take away service.
Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel offers some of the freshest, tastiest and most interesting food and wine in Portugal. Based on a philosophy of using genuine Portuguese produce of the highest quality and following time-honored methods of preparation, the resort is one of the best places in the Algarve to appreciate delicious national and regional cuisine.
- “O Terraço” our fine Portuguese dining restaurant, located on the first floor of the Hotel with views overlooking Martinhal Bay. This is the place to get dressed up. The food is light but sophisticated, with a wide range of Portuguese wines on offer.
- “As Dunas” ourbeach restaurant 'with style' overlooking the sea. Open all day, this restaurant offers a tempting lunchtime menu, serves snacks during the afternoon and dinner in the evening. Specialised in fresh fish and seafood.
- “Os Gambozinos” .Relaxing Cafe/ Bistro featuring a wood burning pizza oven, ideal for families. Offering a full range of eating options from breakfast through to late supper.
- Convenience store and deli “Mercado”, with a wide selection of wines, cheese, pastry, gourmet products and prepared food to take-away.
- Club 98
- Juice Bar at the Village Pool
- Beach Club Pool
- Lounge Bar at “O Terraço”
Surf & Other Activities
Surf & Other Activities
Sagres and the Vicentina coast are famous for providing perfect Surf and Bodyboard conditions and have hosted several international competitions. Sagres is only now becoming recognised as one of the best surf spots in Europe, offering 22 different south and west-facing beaches within a 30 min drive and therefore providing fine surf conditions whole year round for all surfers’ levels. These beaches are frequently visited by world class surfers, especially Cordoama and Amado beach as a number of world qualifying series competitions have taken place there in the past.
All the equipment is available to hire and our instructors are happy to introduce you this exhilarating sport. Our affiliated Surf School guarantees quality teaching with a special focus on safety.
- Walking tours
- Horse riding
- Bike rentals
- Deep sea fishing
- Family fishing
- Dolphin watching
- Boat trips
A range of carefully designed massages and treatments rooms (six in total including one double treatment room), sauna and steam bath as well as relaxation areas and an interior garden. Total area: 400 m2
The main brand is Voya (100% organic) as well as Terraké products
Leisure & Kids club:
• Club 98. A leisure & sport club with heated pool for adults and a separate pool for children
• Village Pool Outdoor/Indoor heated (children’s clubs for different ages, crèche, and teenagers a Blue Room (with internet access, Wii and PlayStations)
• Sauna, steam bath and gym available at the Village Square – complimentary access
• 2 tennis courts – additional cost
• 2 Padel courts - additional cost
• 1 multipurpose court
• Lessons of Yoga and Pilates
Facilities availabile for clients staying at the Hotel Martinhal only:
• 24hours reception/Concierge
• Room Service 24h
• Free internet wireless public areas and rooms
• Outdoors heated pool
• Daily Newspaper - free
• Breakfast at Restaurant 'O Terraço' overlooking ocean
• Lounge Bar 'O Terraço'
Pricing & Packages
- Price is per person and subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- These are example packages and most packages can be adjusted to cater for your requirements. Please contact us for a tailored package to meet your needs.
- Please click "Enquire Now" to email us or call us Toll Free on 0808 258 0101 (from the UK) or +33 (0)5 58 476 501 (outside the UK) to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
8 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS Package includes :
- 7 nights stay with buffet breakfast included
- 3 meals (lunch or dinner- 3 course menu, drinks not included)
- use of Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and indoor / outdoor heated pool
- 1 hour complimentary tennis or padel tennis court hire per day (equipment included, pre-booking required and subject to availability)
- 1 yoga and/or pilates lesson per day (pre-booking required ans subject to availability)
HOTEL MARTINHAL *****
- Beach Room Partial Sea View (max. 2 adults, 1 child up to 12 years – extra bed free of charge, and 1 child up to 2 years – cot free of charge).
MARTINHAL VILLAGE *****
- One Bedroom House (max. 2 adults, 2 children 3-12 years – bunk bed available, and 1 child up to 2 years – cot free of charge). Valid for Garden House.
- Two Bedroom House (max. 2 adults, 2 children 3-12 years, and 1 child up to 2 years - cot free of charge).Valid for Garden House and Vilas Mimosa.
- Three Bedroom House (max.2 adults, 4 children 3-12 years, and 1 child up to 2 years - cot free of charge) valid for Garden House.
There are plenty of activity supplements to choose from:
•Guided Bike Tour supplement - Explore the Natural Park, the South and West coast beaches, the Fortress and many other historical monuments cycling on high quality “Cube” bikes as from 28 € per person per tour, guide and equipment included •Bike rental supplement – Cycle at your own pace as from 22€ per adult per day and 11€ per child per day on high quality “Cube” bikes
•Surf supplement - Join our experienced surfer team and catch those superb West Coast waves at 47€ per day per person (min. 2 participants) or 33€ for ½ day per person (min. 4 participants), surfboard, wetsuit, leash included
•Guided Walk Tour supplement - Explore the Natural Park on foot as from 20€ per person per tour, guide included (2h30, min. 3 participants).
• Transfer supplement from Faro Airport at 116€ (1 to 4 people, one way) or Lisbon Airport at 385€ (1 to 4 people, one way)
Disclaimer - This surf trip is an independent surf operator and is not part of or in partnership with The Perfect Wave Travel Co. The Perfect Wave acts as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, land based accommodation and boat charter operators. The Perfect Waves obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. The Perfect Wave has no esponsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
- Surf Camps
- Luxury Surf Trip
- Surf Charters
- Kingfisher - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Hamathi - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Haira - Male Atolls, Maldives
- Cobia - Outer Atolls, Maldives
- Just Dreaming - West Java
- Bohemian Baru - Mentawai
- KM D'Bora - Mentawai
- Melaleuca - Mentawai
- Naga Laut - Mentawai
- Aileoita - Mentawai
- Tengirri - Mentawai
- Peluru - Mentawai
- Nusa Dewata - Mentawai
- Indocean - Lombok & Sumbawa
- Moggy - Bali & Lembongan
- Sri Noa Noa - Sumba & Roti
- Stellar - Fiji
- EFBE Croisiers - Caribbean
- Surf Charters